What’s a push message?
A push message is similar to an SMS with the difference that – to send one – the consignee’s phone number is not needed. The service is based on a technology in which the user needs to have an application already installed, and even if it’s not being executed it will allow the user to visualise the messages on his or her own smartphone or tablet.
Currently, lots of companies use this technology as a marketing strategy being this one more efficient and direct than the conventional email. An appropriate usage, either with contents or with the schedule to send messages, will allow the company to reach it’s communication goals and the user to be informed -in real time- about news or updates handled from the app.
Advantages of having push messages in an app
- Speed: notifications are received immediately
- Efficacy: an SMS is more efficient than an email and it doesn’t go through the “anti-spam” of the server (but attention to not to exaggerate)…
- Service duration: the user can receive the push message without having the app in execution
- Cheap: lots of apps offer push communication for free
- Profile selection: possibility to select users depending on their preferences, likings, localization, etc.